University of Adelaide-CSIRO Industry PhD (iPhD) Program
- Are you passionate about a career in applied research or technology?
- Want to kick-start your career with an industry placement during your PhD?
- Apply for the University of Adelaide-CSIRO Industry PhD Program!
The University of Adelaide-CSIRO Industry PhD (iPhD) Program is an industry-focused, applied research training program that aims to produce the next generation of work-ready research and innovation leaders with the skills to work at the interface of research and industry in Australia. The program aims to provide an innovation and industry-focussed four-year applied research training experience that gives graduates a competitive advantage across a broad range of future career paths.
Industry PhD Higher Degree Research candidates will:
- Undertake an industry-focussed, applied research project.
- Be supervised by a team of three supervisors (CSIRO, University of Adelaide and Industry Partner) with expertise in applied research skills, knowledge exchange and industry.
- Undertake an industry focussed training program with coursework and development activities.
- Gain ‘real life’ industry experience through a six-month internship during their four-year candidature.
Projects: Industry PhD scholarships are being offered on the industry-led research projects listed below:
- Trace analysis of noble gases using laser cooling and trapping for groundwater management
- Exploring the Cambrian Depositional Systems with Novel Isotope Techniques
- Ageing, Dairy intake and cognitive decline
- The role of kiwi fruit in supporting psychological health and wellbeing
- Exploration and commercialisation of Australia's edible insects
For further details, please see https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/career-development/industry-oppportunities/adelaide-csiro-iphd-program.
Location: Adelaide (please see project descriptions for details)
Scholarship: Annual AU$40k Scholarship over four years, plus project research support funds of AU$10k per annum
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- an Australian Citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- able to meet University of Adelaide admission criteria: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/current-students/handbook.
Applications will be assessed on:
- Experience relevant to the field of research, including any research experience.
- Suitability for the project.
- Academic excellence.
- Motivation for undertaking an Industry-led PhD project.
Full details are outlined on the University of Adelaide website at https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/career-development/industry-oppportunities/adelaide-csiro-iphd-program.
How to Apply:
An EOI must be provided to the University of Adelaide by 15 October 2019 followed by an online application for admission. For the EOI and full details on how to apply, please see the University of Adelaide website at https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/career-development/industry-oppportunities/adelaide-csiro-iphd-program.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
EOI Deadline: 15 October 2019
Online Applications close: 31 October 2019