- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- $99K - $110K p.a. (pro rata) + choice of 15.4% super
- Convenient CBD location in the heart of Melbourne or Sydney
- Contract Vacancy for Approximately 12 Months
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,500 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced professional to join our international team. In this role, you will coordinate all aspects of content and delivery for Australians living and travelling abroad. You will be pivotal in reaching the objectives of the ABC to effectively coordinate the content and resources from teams dispersed across the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Curating the content on ABC's digital services for Australian audiences abroad
- Managing the syndication of ABC's stories to international media partners
- Working with other content divisions on key cultural events throughout the year
- Co-ordinating cross functional teams, vendors and contractors as required
- Maintaining and developing ongoing effective business relationships with partners
We are looking for an Audience and Content expert with experience in project management and leadership. You will have demonstrated success in delivering content or audience-facing products and services. You will also have a solid understanding of the international digital media industries as well as:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant fields (exception made for outstanding experience)
- Demonstrated experience managing timelines, financial and HR resourcing to deliver complex services
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keen understanding of media consumption habits of Australians living and travelling abroad
- An ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Audience and Content Expert - International Audiences .pdf
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact David Hua, Head of International Audiences on (02) 8333 1592
Applications Close: 03 December 2017
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.