- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- $89K - $97K p.a. + choice of 15.4% super
- Longreach Location
- ABC rental house available
- Working in isolated locations attracts allowances above the base salary rate
About the Role
ABC Regional & Local is looking for an energetic editorial leader to work in one of the most interesting parts of the country. You will be leading a dynamic team of content makers in Longreach. We work across all platforms to meet audience needs and changing coverage and content requirements. You and your team will make live radio programs and news bulletins, report for state and national news bulletins, publish social media videos, write online articles, contribute to national content projects, encourage user generated content and much more!
The successful applicant will oversee and co-ordinate daily output, leading a great team who are known for creating agenda setting content. You will also indulge your own passion for content creation - we’re looking for a hands on leader.
In this role you will;
- Provide effective leadership for a whole-of-team approach to content creation.
- Develop and build team capability through appropriate training, coaching and mentoring.
- Identify content relevant to the region to attract, retain and build audiences.
- Create compelling local broadcast, social media and online content to engage local and national audiences across platforms.
- Actively engage in community activities and on national projects.
If you are creative, innovative and love the thrill of breaking stories then you could be the right fit. This great team is looking for a proactive, positive and highly motivated leader.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Proven effective leadership experience with superior organisational and communication skills.
- Experience managing a team of journalists.
- Strong editorial skills in planning, gathering and producing innovative content.
- Proven track record in a Radio, Digital and/or News content making environment.
- Experience creating agenda setting live radio in a contemporary manner with an audience focus.
If you have demonstrated editorial leadership experience and a proven track record working in a Radio and/or News content making environment, we want to hear from you.
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Chief of Staff, Longreach PD.docx
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Cathie Schnitzerling, Regional Editor, QLD on (07) 3377 5269
Applications Close: 4 July 2018
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities and a gender-balanced workforce.