The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
- Adelaide - City fringe Collinswood location with onsite parking
- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- Build strong engagement with our audiences
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
The ABC Adelaide branch is a great place to work and feel a part of a team. Nestled in leafy Collinswood and out of the hustle and bustle of the CBD, there is free onsite car parking, a café and gym for employees to enjoy.
We believe in flexible approaches to working and in building diverse and collaborative teams; providing interesting work, a pleasant working atmosphere and a great work-life balance.
About the Role
As a member of the Technical Support Team SA, you will be responsible for providing timely, cost effective and high quality technical support to ABC users in South Australia to ensure broadcast continuity.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
- Investigating and logging faults, implementing workarounds and emergency fixes, this will require some shift work including after hours and some weekends.
- Carrying out a range of broadcast technical maintenance tasks to support program and network needs
- Proactively building and maintaining relationships with clients and ensure best practice service
- Managing and developing small teams and improving overall capability of the team.
You will have excellent communication skills and understand the importance of client focused outcomes.
In this key role, you will also bring:
- Broad industry knowledge with tertiary qualifications in Broadcast Technology or related field
- Accomplished capability in technical support functions.
- Good communications skills, strong client focus, ability to consult, advise and have comfort with complexity.
- Strong team commitment and sophisticated interpersonal skills
You will join an established team who will welcome and support you in getting up to speed understanding the ABC and feeling part of the Technology Support team. This is a great opportunity to join an iconic Australian brand.
The ABC aims to achieve a gender balanced workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: 30000906 PD - Technologist SA.pdf
For further information on this position please contact Wayne Greatorex, Technology Support Manager SA on 0419 448 055
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Sunday 2 February