This vacancy is open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants, reflecting our commitment to the ABC's Reconciliation Action Plan, ABC Diversity and Inclusion Plan 2019 – 2022 and the Equal Employment Opportunity (Commonwealth Authorities) Act 1987.
- Ultimo, Sydney: Convenient CBD location (near Central Station)
- Influence the identification of Indigenous talent for the ABC
Working at the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With more than 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across more than 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
The ABC's a great place to work; we provide various opportunities for Indigenous staff, including attending the national Indigenous staff conference, activities during NAIDOC week, regular networking events and mentoring support.
You'll have a friendly and supportive environment to learn and grow in, with a vibrant, dynamic and cohesive team and a manager who will help you with any questions and give you regular opportunities to talk about your progress. You'll also have access to a network of Indigenous staff and support from the ABC's Lead, Indigenous Employment and Diversity.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and proactive person to co-ordinate and facilitate the ongoing research, collection and communication of information about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander talent at the ABC. As the national broadcaster, we are committed to growing our Indigenous workforce, increasing cultural awareness and providing content and services that tell Indigenous stories. Working within an experienced and high-profile team, your main tasks will include:
- Maintaining information for Indigenous guests, Indigenous On-air and On-camera talent and spokespeople across the organisation
- Facilitating opportunities for talent; internal and external
- Researching and identifying on air and off air Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander talent
- Developing and maintaining information about indigenous talent working in production areas
- Operating as a central source of research for content makers to find new on-air talent.
Use your experience in the media, arts and entertainment industry working within content making PR or in the arts, to grow our Indigenous talent across the entire organisation; something the ABC is fervently focussed on. You're persuasive and enthusiastic with a strong drive and a positive attitude. The other skills we'd appreciate are:
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships and partnerships with multiple Indigenous and diverse stakeholders
- Significant and demonstrable knowledge, understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations.
- High level interpersonal and motivational skills and ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and manage databases.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: RESEARCHER INDIGENOUS_.pdf
For further information on this position please contact Cinda Viranna, Head Indigenous, Diversity & Inclusion on 82-4491 or 02 8333 4491.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
For more information on working at the ABC visit https://www.abc.net.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Sunday 22 March 2020
Please complete the online application form and submit as part of your application a Cover Letter and Resume. (Please note, there is no requirement to address the Selection Criteria as part of your application.)
Please click the 'APPLY NOW' button below.