- Looking for an opportunity to define and lead key components of data strategy within the Markets Integrity Group at ASIC?
- Be a driving force in the further developing data analytics capability across the group
- Permanent opportunity, Sydney based
At ASIC there is a reason for everything we do, every law we regulate, every action we take, every interaction we have with industry and consumers. We're proud of the difference we make to Australia's economic reputation and wellbeing.
ASIC's Market Integrity Group (MIG) is responsible for supervision of financial markets. It comprises of the Market Infrastructure, Market Supervision and Market Enforcement stakeholder teams. Market Infrastructure is responsible for supervising licensed market infrastructure providers. The Market Supervision team is responsible for participant supervision and conduct as well as market surveillance. Market Enforcement is responsible for actioning enforcement activities emerging from supervision and surveillance activities or alternate sources where there is non-conformance to compliance obligations.
The Market Intelligence and Technology Team operates across the above-mentioned MIG teams and provides the following services:
- Support of internal surveillance technology applications including data analytics services;
- Vendor management of outsourced surveillance applications;
- Strategic outlook on emerging technologies that may impact financial markets such as cyber security, distributed ledger technologies, cloud services, machine learning and artificial intelligence – this includes extensive liaison with government, regulatory bodies and industry;
- Input into or carriage of strategic developments within MIG and within ASIC more broadly, such as Data Analytics Strategy or Digital Transformation;
- Input and guidance on technology management processes and standards required of market participants and infrastructure providers – this often requires direct working with partner regulators and our regulated entities.
As a senior member of the team, you will be intimately engaged in provision of all of the above services. A key aspect of this role will be to lead key components of the MIG data analytics strategy. Initially, your main responsibilities will include:
- Strategise, plan and Lead projects and key initiatives that require working in-step with shareholders and delivering to their business priorities;
- Develop a deep understanding of stakeholder business processes and analytical needs and translate these into business solutions;
- Develop strategic blueprints, provide technical direction on application and data architecture; mentor team members; and implement robust solutions for data analytics across the MIG;
- Contribute to the implementation of architectural governance over MIG's data analytics environment;
- Identify, evaluate and provide input on technological innovations that can improve MIG's data analytics capabilities;
- Work with cross-functional groups in MIG, and potentially with other ASIC teams, to manage and deliver projects critical to the business
As a valued member of the team, you will also be:
- undertaking additional responsibilities or tasks as required, and
- working professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of ASIC, modelling the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork, internally and with ASIC's stakeholders, peer regulators and industry
We seek an influential senior data analytics architect who is able to think strategically, work closely with stakeholders and possess hands-on technical implementation skills to join us on the journey.
A comprehensive working knowledge and hands on experience of data analytics frameworks and tools is highly regarded. You will have a background in financial markets and an understanding of trading strategies and behaviours. You will be an exceptional communicator who has the ability to break down complex information and explain in an easy to understand manner.
For more information on the specific responsibilities of the roles available and click ‘apply' to submit your application.
ASIC can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We provide the support for our employees to develop professionally and succeed. ASIC offers a range of programs such as flexible work practices and development programs which include a focus on gender equity and women in leadership.
ASIC is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
To work with us, you'll be required to satisfy our pre-engagement assessment and obtain a national security clearance. Australian citizenship is also required.