This role is part of the Financial System Group (FSG) which comprises Financial Stability (FS) and Payments Policy (PY) departments. FSG supports the Reserve Bank's role in payments system regulation and its broad responsibilities for financial system stability. The FSG Data and Analytics team works with internal and external stakeholders to collect, govern, maintain and optimise FSG’s data ecosystem providing accurate and accessible data for informed policy decision-making.
In this role you’ll actively support the collection, quality and security of supervisory and third-party data, participate in data management activities and produce timely visualisations and statistical reporting which are disseminated internally, to the public via the Bank’s website and to national and international agencies.
Major responsibilities in the role:
- Assist with ensuring data collections from external reporting institutions are received, quality controlled and validated by the due date
- Monitor and respond to the reporting institutions’ support mailbox and assist with user portal login access.
- Assist with assigning appropriate user access to data and conduct regular data and information user access reviews in accordance with confidentiality requirements by the due dates.
- Produce and disseminate regular statistical reports sent internally to the Bank’s Communications Division as well as to international agencies by due dates.
- Produce visualisations used within FSG and for Bank communications such as Annual Reports, Board papers, FSR and Chart pack by the due dates.
- Assist with projects for data collections, data management and system enhancements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation such as operational procedures and test plans.
- Help support FSG's data needs and train end users as required and liaise with and escalate issues with IT and reporting institutions until resolved.
Skills and Experience
- A keen interest in data management, supporting stakeholders and managing the quality and the security of data. Familiarity with Infoshpere Information Governance Catalogue
- A tertiary qualification in economics, IT, statistics, mathematics or a related discipline
- High level of ability in applications used in FSG (eg RBAgraphit, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI)
- Ability to prepare statistical reports and graphs using relevant tools & applications
- Experience in graphing processes with some knowledge of basic scripting in Mathematica
- Familiarity with programming and common statistical packages (eg SQL, R)
- Familiarity with database and business intelligence concepts
- Experience in database management and understanding of statistical concepts
- Ability to prepare business requirements, test plans and procedures
- Experience in working in a team and communicating effectively with external reporting institutions and internal stakeholders at various levels
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
How to Apply
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.