- Temporary part time
- Flexible work conditions
- Greensborough location
Banyule City Council has an opportunity for a high-performing, professional Environmental Health Officer to join the Health Services team on a temporary part time basis.
The Health Services team works to promote and maintain high standards of public health and wellbeing, with a focus on disease and illness prevention, with key service responsibilities covering Food Safety, Public Health and Immunisation and an important role in Council’s Emergency Management Plan.
About the Role
The Environmental Health Officer is responsible implementing Health services to businesses registered under the Food Act and Public Health and Wellbeing Act. You will also provide a high level of customer service to members of council and the community in relation to matters associated with Public Health.
Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and manage work programs
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Public Health legislation and current issues
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and within Banyule’s values
- Demonstrated ability to make appropriate and consistent recommendations on enforcement action
Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because of our values of Working Together Working Better, career and professional development opportunities and the way we work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- $84,325.51 to $92,220.59 pro rata plus super
- Temporary part time 24 hours per week. (2 March 2020 to 26 February 2021)
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team
- Greensborough location
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Karly Maurer on 94579947 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Tuesday 25 February 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.