- Leadership role
- Leisure, sports, arts & culture focus
Banyule City Council is a diverse and unique municipality. Banyule defines a resident's dream of access to recreational and cultural pursuits all within easy access to Melbourne CBD. We offer great sporting facilities, beautiful parklands, and rich in cultural history as well as host to a fantastic art, culture and events program.
This is an exciting time to be working at Banyule. Reporting to the Manager Leisure, Recreation & Culture, this role will lead Banyule’s Leisure Unit through planning, implementation and evaluation of a range of leisure, sports, arts and culture programs, facilities, policies and services. You will use your exceptional interpersonal skills and build & sustain strong relationships within the organisation, and a cross the community.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Knowledge of policy, practice and legislation relating to Sport, Leisure and Cultural services
- Proven track record of capital works management
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain cooperative partnerships and networks
- Demonstrated experience or capability to effectively manage, monitor and evaluate programs and to implement change where necessary
- Ability to think strategically and laterally
We can offer
- Permanent full time 38 hours plus RDO
- $109,968.31 to $122,904.64 plus super
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work environment
- Greensborough location
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Nicole Maslin, Manager Leisure, Recreation & Culture on Tel: 9457 9932 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Tuesday 14 July 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.