Our client, a large government department, requires a Counsellor to join on an initial 12-month contract, with potential for extension. This role will be based in Sydney CBD and pay approx. $65 per hour + Super.
The Counsellor will deliver high quality clinical services including initial intake, assessment and referral, evidence-based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible clients to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of group programs
- Maintaining clinical records, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required
- Liaising and forming partnerships other government departments
- Contribution to ongoing learning and development activities
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities
- Defence/Policing experience preferred but not essential
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited mental health social worker
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Both psychologists and mental health social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience
- Working with Children (WWCC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance
The successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the criteria, please submit your resume by clicking on the 'APPLY' button below.