Multiple Opportunities to work on Government Projects in the Disability Sector
About the company
This leading government agency supports those in need and provides the tools for Australians to be able to achieve their goals. Their work has an impact on a significant area in the social sector, and you can contribute to the difference that they make in this role. This agency has a great team culture and excellent office locations in Melbourne.About the roles
You will support the Fraud and Compliance Branch in assisting the Agency and partners in delivering a high performing, high integrity, trusted Scheme. You will be a valued member of a highly responsive and contemporary Fraud and Compliance Branch, conducting internal and external fraud investigations. The Branch supports the Agency and its partners in preventing, detecting and responding to threats in delivering the Scheme. This role requires the ability to contribute and lead in different investigation types, depending on Branch pressures. You will undertake investigations of potential fraud, unauthorised access, misconduct and other criminal offences committed against the Agency/Scheme. In doing so, you will use initiative and discretion in the interpretation of policy and the application of practices and procedures. Decision-making is substantially dependent on sound judgement, skills and knowledge.Available positions in Melbourne:APS5 Fraud Investigations Officer ($45.74ph+Super)
- Reviewing and reporting on staff integrity related matters (fraud and corruption) and monitoring of actions to address identified issues;
- Providing analysis of the findings and outcomes relating to the maturity of the staff integrity response (including reviews and investigation) capability;
- Reporting on and refining business policies and procedures on staff integrity (fraud and corruption) related matters;
- Developing and implementing Agency initiatives to enhance staff integrity detection and response initiatives, providing leadership and expertise as required;
- Implementing and evaluating targeted review programs to identify potential instances of fraud and corrupt practice and improve staff integrity practices and awareness;
Experience in the development of fraud and corruption assessment and investigation activities involving members of vulnerable communities, preferable within a public sector environment.
Experience in conducting fraud investigations and reviews relating to staff and vulnerable members of the community, including within the public sector.
Competency in applying both traditional and contemporary fraud and corruption investigative techniques.APS6 Senior Fraud Investigations Officer ($51.50ph+Super)
- Analyse and process information to produce accurate and informative reports
- Conduct formal and informal discussions with Agency staff and partners, Scheme participants, providers and third parties
- Undertake and manage complex and sensitive investigations in accordance with Agency processes and the Australian Government Investigation Standards, 2011
- Gather evidence from a range of sources and prepare high quality briefs of evidence
- Prepare cases for referral to relevant parties such as the Australian Federal Police and Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- Provide evidence in criminal and civil court as a representative of the Agency
Consistent with the Australian Government Investigation Standards are: Certificate IV in Government [Fraud Investigations] or Diploma of Government [Fraud Investigations] or equivalent as set out in the Public Services Training Package (PSP04) or demonstrated significant experience with the obligation to obtain the required qualification within 12 months of commencement.
Security Clearance Applicants must hold and maintain, or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at ‘Negative Vetting Level 1’ as soon as practicable after commencement.
Additional Requirements for these roles:
MUST Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and eligible to clear a Police Background Check
How to apply
Please click ‘APPLY” to upload your details and resume to be considered for this role. If you have any questions, please apply then call Carly Sherry on 03 8629 1161 to discuss your application and suitability for the role.