Position title: Senior Manager Health & Safety - Government - Major Infrastructure Projects
Contract Estimation Duration: Up to 2 Years
Company Type / Size: Government
Location: George St & Site Based - NSW
Salary / Rate: TBC - DOE - SNR Level Salary!
Purpose of this position:
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the development of health & safety systems and governance frameworks to facilitate the on-going compliance of the clients’ teams and contractors with all relevant safety, legislative, regulatory and incident response readiness requirements.
The role operates with a high level of autonomy within the requirements of the agreed work plan and establishes their strategic priorities in consultation with the Manager. The position holder is expected to deliver assigned projects on time and at or below budget and is fully accountable for the quality, integrity and accuracy of expert advice provided.
- Model good leadership to inspire direction and delivery, develop people, and drive change.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers
- Develop, establish and continually maintain the Clients’ Safety Management Plans (SMP), standards and procedures to comply with relevant national and international standards, meet project and business objectives and ensure a secure, safe-working environment
- Provide specialist health and safety consulting services to the Client to support compliance assurance and change control processes
- Work collaboratively with project health and safety teams to facilitate the implementation of health and safety systems, procedures and processes
- Identify training and competence requirements to facilitate safe work outcomes
- Liaise with regulatory bodies to leverage best practice and current safety methodologies, practices and processes for the organisation
- Building productive, collaborative and cooperative relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, service providers and agencies to encourage innovation and ensure best practice safety and business management systems while delivering complex and difficult projects.
- Implementing and maintaining a framework for ensuring compliance with the various statutory requirements from a major infrastructure project delivery perspective
- Engaging all stakeholders who have a range of different priorities in different contexts and ensure agreement can be reached for employing safety management plans.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Safety discipline and demonstrated professional experience
This position is identified as a Rail Safety Worker (RSW).
If you are interested in this or similar positions, apply through the link required or send your cv direct and in confidence to Linda.Murphy@chandlermacleod.com