- Have access to work on new technologies.
- Design & develop software for data integration & machine learning on large scale graphs.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
The role of Research Projects staff in CSIRO is to collaborate in scientific activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental and observational work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work. At senior levels, Research Projects staff may be involved in providing consulting services, science management and/or industry liaison.
Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to develop new technologies for data integration and graph analytics with real impact for Australia. We are seeking creative people to design and build large scale machine learning systems and write elegant, usable software at scale. We can provide flexible working hours, freedom to experiment with new technologies, and the ability to grow to your full potential.
Your duties will include
- Design and develop software for data integration and machine learning on large scale graphs.
- Experiment with new technologies and communicate the results.
- Build elegant, efficient and readable code with Scala and Apache Spark.
- Create distributed systems for data science at scale.
Location: Eveleigh ATP, Sydney
Tenure: Specified term until 1st July 2020
Salary: AU$97K – AU$105K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science and/or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and implement engineering solutions.
- Experience writing software in Scala.
- Experience developing distributed applications with Apache Spark or Flink.
- Experience developing machine learning solutions for analytics problems.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects, provide technical direction, present their ideas and foster creativity in others.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research and engineering team.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 20th March, 2019