- Apply your modelling skills to help create our transport future.
- Work with our award-winning Intelligent Mobility team.
- Join Data61, Australia's largest data innovation group.
CSIRO’s Data61 is Australia’s leading data innovation group. We partner with Universities, Corporate and Government structures to create Australia’s data-driven future.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, experienced senior research scientist to join our Intelligent Mobility research team which sits within the Analytics and Decision Sciences program in Data61.
In this role you will develop scientific methods for the modelling of networks, motilities and traveler behaviours, and will liaise with industry and government to help improve their transport networks and service operations.
The award-winning Intelligent Mobility team has been working on large-scale transport network modelling, microsimulation for corridor management, decision-support for congestion management and the integration of simulation with data-driven predictive models. We have a long-term ongoing collaboration with Transport for NSW, Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) and several key industrial partners on public transport and new motilities. The team also has extensive collaborative research programs with various universities and research institutes that facilitate joint research, education and student supervision.
In this role you will:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Propose innovations and publish research papers on work related subjects.
- Design, develop and maintain transport models.
- Design, develop and maintain software and toolkits in raw data analytics, model calibration, model verification and visualisation.
- Integrate transport models into the dedicated hosting platform.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals and for presentation at national and international conferences.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: $113K - $132K pa + up to 15.4% super
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as mathematics, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence or transportation science.
- Significant experience working as a full-time research scientist or equivalent role in a relevant field.
- A solid track record in applying advanced mathematics in developing transport models, with results published in leading conferences and journals on related subjects.
- Expertise in advanced mathematics including but not limited to constraint programming, graph theory, stochastic process and Bayesian inference.
- Demonstrated record of applying mathematical solutions to transport problems, e.g. transport network modelling, assignment, behavioural modelling, routing and scheduling, etc.
- Strong programming skills in either C++, Java, Python, R, or MATLAB.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Who we areCSIRO’s Data61
business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
26 May 2019