- Are you a motivated, early career scientist with interest in Computer Vision?
- Do you have, or will shortly obtain a PhD in a relevant discipline area?
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system through:
We are looking for a CERC Postdoctoral fellow to conduct research in new deep learning techniques for computer vision. In particular, to solve problems of fine-grained classification, scene understanding and segmentation from images and 3D data
Your duties will include
Under the direction of senior research scientists and engineers, CERC Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Develop innovative concepts, theories, tools and techniques related to the analysis of video and still images.
- Harness the growing volume of publicly available data sources, as well as work on establishing proprietary datasets in collaboration with our partners;
- Produce high quality scientific and technical outputs including journal articles, conference papers and presentations, patents and technical reports;
- Represent CSIRO at leading national and international conferences and forums;
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: $83K to $94K plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: 3 years term
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in Computer Vision or a related discipline area.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Ability to investigate issues of complex and ill-defined problems and develop appropriate responses by adapting/creating and testing alternative solutions. Demonstrated experience in Deep Learning using Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Demonstrable evidence of well-developed written and verbal communication skills, for example, publications in academic environments such as scientific journals/conference proceedings, experience presenting and demonstrating at conferences, industry exhibitions, internal training seminars
- Evidence of advanced programming skills and software design in languages relevant for computer vision research (e.g. C/C++, Python, MATLAB)
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- A strong mathematical/analytical background, in areas related to computer vision
- Demonstrated GPU/Parallel Computing experience.
- Experience in 3D Computer Vision.
- Interest in entrepreneurship and bringing technology to market
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Tuesday 6 August 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date