- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Digital Outcomes!
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's Largest Data Innovation Group
The Research Scientist – Computational Platforms will be required to develop models and methods for the integration and analysis of multiple resolution data and computationally efficient algorithms and mapping the models onto suitable computation hardware. The research will include working on developing deep learning algorithms and workflows using CSIRO's most advanced GPU supercomputing resources with massive earth observation data to produce monitoring information at real world scales.
Your duties will include:
- Developing new models and methods for the analysis of spatial and temporal data, and testing prototype models.
- Under limited direction, assisting in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carrying out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Presenting results in a meaningful format, preparing reports for clients and/or writing scientific papers for publication.
- Facilitating technology transfer to third parties through specifying and implementing operational methodologies.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s scientific objectives.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (Full-Time)
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in either Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience developing and implementing Deep Learning algorithms.
- Development experience using High Performance Computing tools and resources.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas floursih. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:59 AEST 5th March 2020