- Use Your Skills and Make an Impact on the design of critical robotic and automated systems!
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's Largest Data Innovation Group
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer for the mechanical system design of robotic, automated, and sensor systems is required within the Cyber Physical Systems program at CSIRO Data61. The successful applicant will fill a critical role within the multi-skilled and highly motivated Robotics and Autonomous Systems group. The role will be highly rewarding working with research scientists and engineers on world leading research in the areas of robotics and automation.
Your duties will include:
- Provide mechanical engineering design for embedded systems including robotic, autonomous and sensor systems for complete mechanical, electronic and embedded system design of robotic, automated and sensor systems.
- Research, analyse and recommend mechanical designs for the Robotics group’s projects. Provide specifications and costing for resources as required.
- Support 3D FDM and Poly Jet Printers including managing the scheduling of jobs, load sharing and managing the maintenance.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A Bachelors/master’s in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated experience and high-level skills in mechanical design using multiple lightweight materials, 3D printing, composites, and machining materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 3D modelling in CAD packages such as Solidworks or equivalents.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in integrating electrical, electronic and embedded systems into mechanical designs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the manufacturing and fabrication environment.
- Demonstrated practical experience and solid understanding of the machining process including 3 and 5 axis CNC machine tools, and other fabrication methods.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with fabricators and workshops to enable the timely and efficient manufacture within specifications for the mechanical designs
- Understanding of workplace health and safety guidelines and procedures.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
CSIRO's Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO. We are creating Australia's data-driven future.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 12th July 2020, 11:00pm AEST