- Provide strategic research leadership to major geoscience projects to deliver real impact!
- Apply your knowledge, vision and influence to realize opportunities for CSIRO's geoscience research capabilities
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier scientific & industrial research organisation.
An exciting role has opened up in CSIRO’s Oil, Gas and Fuels Program to contribute strategic research leadership and project management expertise to major geoscience research projects focused on carbon capture, storage and utilisation (CCUS) and petroleum resources.
In this role you will use your broad knowledge of the geosciences, and vision and influence to realize opportunities for CSIRO’s geoscience research capabilities in delivering petroleum and CCUS projects with significant positive impact for Australia’s industry, government and community.
You will draw on your technical and collaborative experience in developing and managing large multi-organisation research projects at national and international levels, to achieve the desired outcomes required. To be successful you will have high-level client relationship experience in government and industry sectors, and excellent oral and written communication skills. You will be expected to take into account social and economic factors and be familiar with government policy to take a long term strategic perspective when promoting the value of research to government and industry.
CSIRO is an exciting and stimulating workplace with challenging projects, excellent career development, a high level of autonomy, and access to the latest research and state-of-the-art technology. This dynamic position may suit candidates currently working in industry seeking a change or as an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge research and seeing it deployed into industry.
Location: Clayton, Vic
Salary: $152K - $191K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or significant industry research and development experience, in geoscience or engineering demonstrably relevant to CCUS, petroleum systems or basin resource exploitation.
- Proven management and team leadership experience with ability to maximise impact and benefit from new and existing projects.
- Technical expertise and research management experience in complex investigations of subsurface resources such as carbon storage, petroleum exploration or reservoir characterization.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and experience of developing and delivering projects with measurable impact to the oil and gas industry and/or CCUS stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively as an integral leader and/or member of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and ability to foster an environment in which there is a high level of co-operation within and between teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective networks and collaborative partnerships with stakeholders.
- Experience of regulatory frameworks for Australian petroleum and/or CCUS activities.
- Knowledge of the principles of carbon dioxide capture from natural gas processing and/ or expertise in one or more of the following areas: sedimentology, structural geology, exploration geophysics, petroleum systems, would be an advantage.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Our Business Unit: CSIRO Energy is pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households and provide the knowledge which will help guide Australia towards a smart, secure energy future.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 22 January 2017