- Lead and mentor a motivated team of HR professionals
- Help develop business strategy and plans
- Use your change management skills to support staff in a dynamic environment
The Human Resources Manager at CSIRO is a member of a team of HR business partners working with senior executives and line managers across CSIRO. The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Manager is to provide support in the development and implementation of a range of human resource strategies and will deliver high quality advice, assistance, coaching and mentoring to all staff.
CSIRO’s Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit is offering the opportunity for an experienced Human Resources (HR) professional to lead a small team of motivated individuals in the delivery of a wide range of people strategies and support.
You will take responsibility for workforce planning, change management, performance improvement, local learning and development initiatives, as well as coaching managers and staff with specialist needs on performance, career and talent management strategies; ensuring that HR management activities support CSIRO’s Strategic and HR plans as well as the O&A operational plans.
The business priorities for the Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit require the Human Resources Manager to have well developed expertise in change management and the ability to work at a fast pace to support a business transition.
Location: Hobart Tasmania (other locations may be considered by negotiation)
Salary: AU $106k to AU $124k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 39609
To be successful you will have:
- Evidence of contribution to the development and implementation of strategic business and HR objectives within a complex multi business organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, advise and support leaders of the business on a range of cutting-edge, complex HR, organisational and employee relations issues.
- Experience in supporting and contributing to a dispersed management team with a high degree of success in implementing organisational HR priorities and strategies within the business.
- The ability to effectively lead a team of HR professionals, collaborate widely both internally and externally, and provide guidance to managers and staff.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria click here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. Our innovations contribute billions of dollars to the Australian economy every year. As the largest patent holder in the nation, our vast wealth of intellectual property has led to more than 150 spin-off companies. With more than 5,000 experts and a burning desire to get things done, we are Australia’s catalyst for innovation. CSIRO. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Applications close: 11:59 AEST on 1 June 2017