- Add value to the making of useful climate forecasts
- Multiple positions available in Hobart
- Apply your skills in a dynamic role with a supportive team at CSIRO!
The successful candidate will develop and run software to describe and archive climate forecast data, verify climate forecast outputs against reanalysis observations, analyse results of forecast runs, and develop applications of climate forecast data.
You will require novel computational and analysis techniques to provide useful information and products to clients interested in climate forecasts. You as the successful applicant will join a dynamics group of researchers interested in the climate system and the applications of models to make useful climate forecasts.
Location: Hobart TAS
Salary: $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree &/or equivalent experience in Scientific Computer Programming
- Extensive programming experience in python and matlab.
- Ability to process and analyse the 100s of GB netcdf data files generated by the climate forecasting system.
- Ability to translate mathematical expressions required for climate diagnostics into python code.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Friday 16 June 2017