- Carry our world-class research to scientific investigations
- Support and incorporate novel approaches to National Facility operations
- Join internationally-renowned CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
CASS invites applications for a Research Scientist in Observational Radio Astronomy. We are seeking someone with an outstanding track record in radio astronomy science and/or associated techniques to be involved in the support of National Facility operations.
As the successful applicant, you will carry out world?class research using facilities associated with CASS including but not limited to, the Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder and the Square Kilometre Array low-frequency array.
The Australian astronomical community is large and vibrant, consisting of researchers at CASS, the Australian Astronomical Observatory and major teaching Universities. The position comes with a generous discretionary research allowance, the possibility of attracting post?doctorate fellows through CSIRO schemes and access to a large pool of astronomy students nationally and internationally.
Location: Sydney NSW or Perth WA
Salary: $106K - $124K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate in astrophysics or a closely related discipline and at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrated research interests and expertise in radio astronomy closely related to ATNF Science
- Ability to contribute new ideas and expertise to CASS
- Expertise in radio astronomy techniques
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Monday 31 July 2017