- Use your expertise in areas such as machine learning, graph algorithims, data integration and representation to solve real world problems
- Work in the largest innovation group in Australia
- Join Data61 at CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Engineer to develop creative solutions for real world problems. We are currently building novel technologies for data integration and graph analytics with real impact for Australia. We are seeking people with expertise in machine learning, graph algorithms, data integration, data representation, deep learning, distributed algorithms, reinforcement learning, text mining, image processing or natural language processing. We can provide flexible working hours, ownership of projects, freedom to experiment with new technologies and the ability to learn and grow to your full potential.
Location: Canberra, ACT or Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: $106K - $124K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Experience in one or more of the following: machine learning, graph algorithms, data integration, data representation, recommendation systems, deep learning, distributed algorithms, reinforcement learning, text mining, image processing or natural language processing.
- Experience solving problems using quantitative approaches on real-world data.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, MatLab, C, C++, Java, Scala.
- Ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability to take ownership of their project, provide technical direction, present their ideas and foster creativity in others.
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research and engineering team.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here: Balance
Our commitment to you
CSIRO’s Data61 offers an open and supportive workplace, where employee wellbeing is a top priority. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace by focusing on gender equality, support and development of women in leadership, increasing the employment of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders whilst supporting the LGBTI community and other diverse backgrounds.
CSIRO’s Data61 offers a range of flexible working opportunities, including part-time and job share arrangements, to provide you with work/life balance. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas.
CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family that contributes to creating Australia’s data driven future.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload ONE document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 2 August 2017