- High profile, high impact role with a high level of autonomy
- Develop the scientific vision and direction of the research laboratory
- Join Data61 Leadership Team and make a difference to Australia
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. We are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and network within the global technology marketplace. Data61 brings together approximately 600 research staff and 300+ PhD students to work in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia.
The Research Director will develop the scientific vision and direction of the research laboratory. The role requires an experienced leader who will manage and develop world-class science capability aligned to Data61's goals and meets future workforce needs. You will partner with the Deputy Director Science and other Research Directors to ensure that our science is globally competitive and addresses meaningful problems in the market
As the Director you will be responsible for:
- Impactful science leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and partnerships
- Resource leadership
Location: Sydney or Brisbane preferred. Other locations considered.
Salary: An attractive salary will be negotiated.
Job Reference: 43461
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline.
- An established international eminence in the relevant science domain with evidence of world-class science leadership.
- Evidence of successful leadership of platform, discovery and impact science at scale.
- Strong engagement skills and strategic relationship skills that grow new science opportunities and support commercial outcomes.
- Ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent and ability to promote wellbeing and foster cross organisational capability.
- A track record in supporting senior leaders to optimise positioning, organisational alignment and science delivery.
At CSIRO we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Our world is changing, fast, and data is the basic currency of this new world. Data61 is Australia’s leading digital research network, we’re here to help you create your data-driven future. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family that contributes to creating Australia’s data driven future.
Our commitment to you
CSIRO’s Data61 offers an open and supportive workplace, where employee wellbeing is a top priority. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace by focusing on gender equality, support and development of women in leadership, increasing the employment of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders whilst supporting the LGBTI community and other diverse backgrounds.
We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas.
To find out more please click on this Position Details form
Applications close: 9th August, 2017