- Design and develop new algorithms for protecting data and learning
- Solve real-world distributed machine learning problems
- Join a diverse and agile team focused on "confidential computing"
Data61 is offering an exciting opportunity for a Researcher to join a diverse and agile team focused on "confidential computing” and developing new methods for learning from confidential and sensitive data in federated environments. We are seeking people with expertise in statistical machine learning, distributed learning, cryptography or other methods of data protection such as differential privacy.
You will work within the n1analytics team, a team of researchers, and engineering, from different domains, such as Machine Learning, Cryptography, and Software Engineering, as well as UX & Business Development experts. You will solve real-world distributed machine learning problems with confidentiality constrains and contribute to one of the foundational platform for federated confidential computing.
Specifically you will:
- Research, design and develop new algorithms for protecting data and learning from protected data in distributed environments.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering artefacts (e.g., papers, patents, code, and demos) suitable for publication in leading national and international venues.
- Build elegant, efficient and readable code.
For appointment at the higher salary level duties will also include:
- Advise policy makers and inform and transfer knowledge to non-scientific audiences.
- Introduce new directions and approaches; solving complex problems using own professional expertise and knowledge of other disciplines and research areas.
- Lead small research projects and assist with elements of larger projects including the negotiation of resource requirements.
Location: Eveleigh Sydney preferred
Salary: AU$92K - AU$124K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 year specified term
For more details about this exciting opportunity click on the position details link: Position Details
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as statistical machine learning, distributed learning, cryptography, differential privacy and algorithmic data protection, computer vision.
- Experience in one or more of the following: machine learning, statistical learning, distributed learning, cryptography, differential privacy.
- Experience solving problems using quantitative approaches on real-world data.
- Experience with or proven track record of implementing machine learning algorithms.
- A record of quality publications, in peer reviewed journals or conferences.
- Ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations
For appointment at the higher salary level, as well as satisfying the pre-requisites and essential criteria fully outlined in the position details form, you must also have:
- Experience collaborating and engaging with industry, with the ability to deliver projects to clients.
- A record of quality publications as primary author in high impact, peer reviewed journals or conferences.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations.
At the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Find out more www.csiro.au
CSIRO Data61 In today’s data-focused world, there’s no doubt that numbers count. Data61 are the largest data innovation group in Australia, a connector that brings together technology innovators, businesses and universities to transform Australian industry and to help solve our greatest challenges. A CSIRO business, we are creating our data-driven future.
Our commitment to you
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas.
Find out more here!: https://www.csiro.au/en/Careers/A-great-place-to-work/Work-life-balance
CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, which contributes to creating Australia’s data driven future.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume and a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
This position will remain open until filled