Senior User Experience Designer
- Are you a skilled senior UX designer?
- Join CSIRO Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Produce innovative products for commercial and government customers
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO's Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
As a senior user UX designer in the Engineering & Design program, you will work closely with software engineers, researchers and our User Experience team to build products from Data61 research and technology and produce innovative products for commercial and government customers. At Data61 every project we work on represents some new technology, data or ideas that will benefit the Australian community and economy. You will work alongside PhD students from our partner universities and staff from other companies and government bodies who are collaborating with Data61 on projects including in open data, privacy, cyber security and more.
A strong, demonstrated understanding of current technical best practice, as well as usability and accessibility principles are essential for this role. Strong communication skills will also be highly regarded, as you will often be the link between our UX team and the application developers working on a project.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Canberra, ACT or Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 6 months
Ref No.: 45725
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or in a related scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Ability to lead user experience research, including conducting interviews, surveys, light ethnographic, test planning/facilitation, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in solution exploration, including sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototyping.
- High levels of communication demonstrated through previous envisioning, report writing, delivering presentations, and briefing.
- Experience working in an agile/lean team.
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled, however we encourage you to submit your application by Thursday 21 September 2017 as we will assess suitable candidates from that date onwards.