- Have you worked with the Australian Paint Approval Scheme?
- Are you experienced in document and application management systems?
- Join CSIRO's Infrastructure Technologies in this challenging role today!
The Verification Services Officer will work within the Infrastructure Technologies' Verification Services team is to fulfil duties within the Australian Paint Approval Scheme (APAS) and Painting Contractor Certification Program (PCCP).
The role includes administrative and operational support of the two schemes, provision of technical guidance and enacting auditing duties at customer sites.
The Verification Services Officer will directly communicate with commercial customers at all levels of the industry to provide certification of paint products and their application. The position is directly responsible for the operation of these schemes.
Specifically you will:
- Fulfil the duties of executive officer for the APAS scheme as detailed in documents AP-D001.
- Support the role of executive officer of the PCCP scheme.
- Coordinate maintenance and revisions of the document sets underpinning the schemes as detailed in AP-D001.
- Coordinate field audit services to support the APAS and PPCP schemes, scheduling audits and providing audit services.
- Provide administrative support to the Schemes, coordinating with relevant staff for commercial contracting and invoicing.
- Convene and Chair technical committee meetings for APAS Scheme.
- Actively participate in the Quality Management and NATA accreditation for Infrastructure Technologies.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Master’s Degree &/or equivalent experience in materials science, specifically related to paint/coatings manufacture and field application.
- Recognised competency in lead auditing, e.g. Diploma of Quality Auditing
- Extensive knowledge in the documentation, application and maintenance of management systems related of laboratories (ISO 17025), product certification (ISO 17065), environment (ISO 14001) and quality (ISO 9001).
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to perform in an independent and self-directed work environment to achieve strategic and financial goals.
- Minimum of two years of quality management system auditing
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 1st October 2017.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.