The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is one of the world’s largest and most successful publicly-funded research and development organisations with locations across Australia and internationally. CSIRO is committed to improving the economic and social performance of industry for the benefit of the community, complementing its world-class science capabilities with outcome-focused research that will generate economic, environmental and social benefits for Australia in a global context.
The Director Strategy & Innovation Programs will manage CSIRO’s strategy group, advise the CSIRO Executive and Board on market trends and visioning, strategic choices and options, and will coordinate, monitor and measure the strategy implementation. In addition, the Director will have responsibility for the successful delivery of CSIRO’s entrepreneurship and innovation program. The successful applicant for this influential and high profile role will be a dynamic and strategic leader with experience in developing enterprise strategy in a global and competitive context. They should demonstrate the capacity to identify and position for disruptions and market changes before they have become a reality.
Location: North Ryde, NSW
Job Reference: 47951
Applicants for the Director Strategy & Innovation role will:
- Demonstrate experience to engage effectively and work with Boards and Executive Teams in strategy formulation and development, and driving implementation at a whole of organisational level. Experience in a science and innovation context would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate experience in identifying market trends ahead of others and developing compelling investment propositions based on those findings.
- Demonstrate experience in building innovation capability and delivering value from innovation in a large organisational and/or entrepreneurial context.
- Demonstrate the ability to use influence and initiative to drive change and continuous improvement, with the ability to develop innovative solutions under conditions of ambiguity, and the capacity to deliver outcomes across multiple complex issues simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Exceptional communication, interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills are required.
Korn Ferry has been appointed to advise CSIRO on this appointment. To apply please email email@example.com or for more information please contact issa Tarleton on (03) 9631 0324.
Applications close 28 September 2017