- Are you a high performing administrator seeking a new challenge?
- Are you proactive, organised and experienced in working in a fast paced environment?
- Join CSIRO Health and Biosecurity and support innovative scientific research
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity seeking an experienced administrator to provide administrative assistance and support to the Research Director and Research Program Staff of the Australian e-Health Research Centre. The role involves providing high level administrative support, event & function co-ordination, and reporting and communications management. The position will present daily challenges which reflect the dynamic nature of our business and enable you to display your initiative, attention to detail and adaptability.
Specifically your duties will be to:
- Provide practical support to the Research Director dealing with issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
- Coordinate material needed for reviews, reports or to respond to information requests.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings or other events; prepare meeting minutes and initiate follow-up action.
- Draft routine responses and correspondence, and monitor follow-up actions.
- Review, evaluate and monitor the Research Director’s email, prioritising tasks and deadlines.
- Arrange domestic and international travel
Location: Herston Brisbane QLD
Salary: AU $61K to AU $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job Reference: 46441
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support to a Senior Manager or business area in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, to manage workflow processes and on-line transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey information and ideas, and establish effective interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise demands, and escalate issues when required
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands; establish priorities; organise tasks and meet deadlines.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria click here: Position details document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter. You may be required to undertake additional assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Please DO NOT attach any "additional or eligibility: documents as these are not automatically included in the documentation accessible by the selection panel
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more here! Balance
Applications close: 10:59pm AEST on 25 September 2017
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.