- Add value & provide accurate & compliant financial records
- Apply your skills in a dynamic role with a supportive team at CSIRO!
- Join our Finance team & work closely with Management in a supportive team
CSIRO Finance is seeking a Finance Officer to support the Finance Manager to deliver the transactional, data analysis, reporting & compliance.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the In-Business Finance Team to provide accurate and compliant financial records for the CSIRO Business Unit.
- Financial reporting capability including monthly management reports, ad hoc reports, compliance reports and reconciliations. Understanding of the financial and project data contained in reports, ability to identify errors and anomalies and recommend potential courses of action.
- Maintenance of asset register and assistance with other Asset related financial responsibilities as required.
- Undertaking financial accounting tasks with a focus on statutory compliance.
Location: Hobart, TAS (Black Mountain, ACT or Sydney, NSW might be considered)
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Knowledge and experience in project and/or management accounting and reporting, including the extraction and reporting of information using Microsoft Office suite of programs and relevant financial systems.
- A relevant certificate or tertiary qualification, such as Accounting or Finance, and/or relevant work experience in a financial environment.
- Ability to ensure data integrity through demonstrated attention to detail and quality data input including proactive problem identification and appropriate responses to resolve issues.
- Ability to identify problems and develop appropriate alternative solutions and communicate those to stakeholders through good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and service delivery in a high work volume environment to produce accurate work with minimum supervision.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO Finance is the enterprise-wide team that provides financial and procurement services to support the organisation.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the position details document.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Wednesday 4 October 2017