- Can you help CSIRO implement & grow the Deep Earth Imaging Science plan?
- Do you have a science, project or senior administration background?
- Join this leading CSIRO collaboration for a one year contract, apply today!
Australia’s future minerals, energy and water resources will come from greater depths in the onshore regions and from deep offshore plays. Our ability to find, define and exploit mineral resources is limited by a deep and complex regolith that covers about 80% of the Australian land mass. Undiscovered conventional oil and gas lies in deeper or more subtle traps, or else will come from unconventional sources onshore that require new geophysical methods to quantify. Deep Earth Imaging science will help us more precisely image and understand the significance of subsurface rock properties, which in turn will unlock the resource potential of this vast and relatively under-explored continent.
As part of this effort we require a Platform Coordinator who can help develop and manage Deep Earth Imaging through project support and can assist to foster inter-Business Unit relationships. Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in large research organisations. In this role you will be required to
- Assist the Leadership Team to implement and grow the Deep Earth Imaging Science Plan. The successful candidate will engage with research scientists and leaders from CSIRO Energy, Land & Water, Minerals, Data61 and IMT.
- Assist recruitment and on-boarding of postdoctoral fellows and coordination of PhD students funded by the project.
- Manage and update the project’s O2D dashboard.
- Organise an annual conference to showcase project outcomes and meetings of the Deep Earth Imaging Advisory Board.
- Coordinate arrangements for project reviews including Business Unit reviews and the Deep Earth Imaging Midterm Review (Aug 2018), a critical evaluation by an external review panel: logistics, report preparation and researcher presentations.
Location: Kensington (Perth) Western Australia
Salary: AU $80K to AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of approximately 12 months
Ref No.: 48053
In order to be successful you will need:
- Extensive high-level work experience in a similar position and environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong network development skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
We recommend that you view the Position Details for this role before preparing your application – Position Details
At CSIRO we invent the future. We use science and technology to solve real issues and make a difference to industry, people and the planet. As Australia’s national science agency we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world. We Collaborate to Innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
How to apply: If you are interested in this opportunity please submit one document incorporating a resume and covering letter which best outlines your ability to meet the requirements of the role, and your motivations for applying (uploaded under "Resume/Cover Letter").
Applications close: Sunday 14 November, 2017 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to remove this advertisement before the close date.