- Are you passionate about high-level software engineering?
- Work with CSIRO Energy to provide a smart, secure energy future for Australia
- Contribute to software design, implementation and support for emerging projects
CSIRO has developed and commercialised a software package that analyses very large, highly detailed microscopic images of coal, dust and other materials. The system performs automatic segmentation, discrimination and classification functions to provide accurate quantitative information regarding the constituent materials in the sample: information which is critical to industry, the public and the environment.
This role has been created to provide software engineering support for this particle image analysis system, and also other tasks that arise across the suite of existing and emerging projects being undertaken by the Mining and Processing Technologies Research Group. In this role you will cover a wide range of roles, including programming, documentation, sensor data analysis, algorithm development and system integration.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU $61K - AU $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
Ref No.: 52292
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related fields.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ or similar high-level language.
- Experience in designing and developing significant software projects, and managing the software system life cycle.
- Experience with software design, development and support for computer vision and digital image analysis applications, including experience with managing very large source images.
- Experience with developing software interfaces for industrial instrumentation and sensors.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers.
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: 10:59pm AEST on Friday 1st December 2017.