- Utilise your skills in work health & safety & employment law
- Join CSIRO's in-house Enterprise Legal team
- Permanent Full-time role, Melbourne or Canberra location
A rare and exciting opportunity exists to join Australia's most well respected and leading scientific research organisation. The Legal Counsel, Work Health & Safety and Employment will join CSIRO’s Enterprise Legal team that provides legal advice across CSIRO in relation to work health and safety, workers’ compensation, employment and industrial relations, including in litigation and regulatory compliance matters. The team also provides legal advice on property and procurement and on administrative law including in relation to FOI and privacy.
Your duties will include:
- Provide pragmatic legal advice of a high quality to internal clients in the core areas of work, health and safety, workers’ compensation, employment law and industrial relations and in other areas as required.
- Exercise initiative and influence to build relationships with internal clients and position Enterprise Legal as a “trusted advisor”.
- Develop an understanding of the business and science, strategic objectives, external stakeholders, political context and relevant industry players of CSIRO generally.
- Contribute to the on-going legal education of internal clients.
Location: Black Mountain ACT or Clayton VIC preferred, may also consider other major capital city locations
Salary: AU$109K to AU$128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 52142
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in law from an Australian tertiary institution or a comparable overseas qualification which is appropriate to the duties of the classification and a current practising certificate (or entitlement to hold a practising certificate).
- Experience working in a government or commercial legal practice or as part of an in-house legal team.
- Possess or have the ability to quickly obtain, knowledge and experience in work-health and safety, workers’ compensation, employment law and industrial relations.
- High level written and oral communication skills and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for new proposals/ideas.
- A record of adherence to professional ethics and standards, with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume and cover letter ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: 10.59pm AEDT, 7 December 2017