- Join CSIRO's dynamic SME Connect team
- Contribute to Australia by linking innovative SMEs with leading research organisations
- Identify & support SMEs who want to use research & innovation to grow & generate wealth
CSIRO’s national SME Connect team facilitates linkages between Australian SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises) and research organisations. SME Connect provides a single point of contact for Australian SMEs to interact with CSIRO, universities and public research organisations. The team works with SMEs to identify opportunities for research to benefit their business, connects them with the best Australian researchers, and facilitates access to research project grants.
CSIRO has an immediate opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to provide research facilitation services through the Innovation Connections element of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s ‘Entrepreneurs’ Programme’. The Innovation Connections Facilitator will identify and support Australian SMEs seeking to use research to grow and generate wealth, manage the engagement process between company and research stakeholders, and undertake business development activities to generate new leads and interest in the programme.
Your duties will include:
- Work with SMEs to understand their business needs, assess knowledge gaps, and identify potential for them to benefit from research.
- Take the lead in connecting SMEs with the best source of research expertise across Australia.
- Facilitate the development of research projects between SMEs and research organisations.
- Support the successful application by SMEs for Innovation Connections grants to undertake projects with research organisations, and manage the establishment of commercial agreements between the parties.
Location: Canberra, Sydney or Wollongong
Salary: An attractive remuneration package will be offered
Tenure: Specified term of approximately 2 years and 6 months (ending 30 June, 2020)
Ref no: 53051
To be considered you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in science/engineering and business with extensive business development experience, or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Direct experience of working in an SME or engaging with SMEs and transferring knowledge and new technologies into a business to solve a problem or address a market opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to assess a wide variety of technical challenges and research opportunities, and quickly develop and implement plans to address these challenges, based on understanding of the key drivers of businesses.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and networks in both the research and business communities and the ability to facilitate commercial relationships between the two communities to establish research projects.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple customer and stakeholder management, working with and influencing senior managers, communication, due diligence, contract negotiation and understanding of intellectual property management.
- Experience in business development and actively building, maintaining and managing a pipeline of customers.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEDT, 15 January 2018