- Lead the development of data sets to facilitate enterprise scale natural capital accounting
- Work in a dynamic team with internationally recognised scientists
- Join us at CSIRO Land and Water
An exciting opportunity is available at CSIRO Land and Water for a suitably qualified and experienced Geospatial Modeller.
The position will develop and deliver geospatial modelling and data analytics to support work in the Landscape and forest function team, primarily in the field of natural capital accounting. The successful candidate will work within a team of scientists and lead the spatial and data analysis across primary sectors.
Your duties will include:
- Collate and analyse data relevant to enterprise level natural capital accounting objectives, using national, regional and enterprise scale data sets.
- Derive spatially explicit surfaces of key resources and ecosystem services in primary enterprises that can be used to develop indicators of environmental sustainability.
- Integrate spatial data sets into and run relevant process based models.
- Maintain and manage data to high nationally recognised standards through the development and implementation of data management plans.
- Contribute to publications and presentations and other project related communications and outcomes.
Location: Hobart, TAS (negotiable)
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 51183
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in spatial science, data science or computer science.
- Demonstrated advanced geospatial modelling skills with considerable experience in GIS systems and remote sensing analysis
- Demonstrated programing skills in one or more of the following, Python, R, C++
- Demonstrated programing experience in one or more of the following Python, C++ or other programing language suitable for scientific computing.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and maintenance of large spatial datasets, development of data management protocols and the maintenance of data provenance and integrity trails.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here!: CSIRO Balance
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to apply: Please upload ONE document only that includes a resume/cv and a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications close: 10:00pm AEDT, 30 January 2018.