- Make a difference in 2018!
- Source IT staff from around the world
- Join CSIRO where STEM staff solve today’s and tomorrow’s problems
At CSIRO our scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians innovate for tomorrow and help improve today. Our challenge is finding sufficient computer scientists, software engineers and other information technology staff nationally and internationally to continue this work. As a specialist in IT recruitment you will be able to speak their language and know how and where to attract applicants.
Specifically you will
- Manage complex and senior recruitment projects, focussing on software engineers, computer scientists and related IT roles to provide the best available employees to CSIRO.
- Influence sourcing decisions to ensure their effectiveness, taking into account the research/business needs of CSIRO, the employment market, talent pipelines, CSIRO’s workforce plans and the cost.
- Write compelling job advertisements that engage with the target audience while adhering to CSIRO’s branding and recruitment advertising requirements.
- Lodge advertisements on job boards and/or with the Australian Government's advertising agency and/or job sites.
- Proactively source applicants using push and pull strategies including referrals and direct approaches to passive applicants – and do all that is required to provide a pool of quality applicants, reflective of the external labour pool.
- Oversee the various stages of recruitment projects to improve the time to offer and time to fill.
Location: Sydney (North Ryde)
Salary: $81k to $91k plus up to 15.4% super
Tenure: 1 year with the potential for extension
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, engineering, computer science, business, psychology, other sciences or equivalent experience.
- Experience effectively recruiting IT staff including software engineers.
- A history of building collaborative working relationships with customers, peers, subordinates and managers.
- Above average communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and experience using any recruitment system or database.
At CSIRO we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
Find out more Visit www.csiro.au or call Dympna Austin on 0438 127 722 after January 8th.
To apply: Please load one document containing your CV and cover letter and apply online www.csiro.au/careers via the Current Opportunities link or click on the Apply.
Closing date: Open until filled.