- Diverse role balancing immediate tasks with longer-term strategic activities
- An opportunity to mentor and positively influence staff and colleagues
- Provide strategic leadership and advice to the finance executive management team
As the Finance Manager - Taxation and Commercial with CSIRO, you will primarily be responsible for managing the provision of all taxation services and advice to CSIRO’s Business Units and staff. You will also engage with contracted providers to gain expert tax advice on commercialisation and globalisation impacts. To fulfil the strategic aspects of this role, you will support the development and implementation of a commercialisation financial framework as well as contribute to the globalisation and commercialisation elements of the CSIRO 2020 Strategy.
Specifically you will:
- Provide leadership and manage staff including developing, coaching and mentoring.
- Advise on complex taxation procedures as well as general business requirements.
- Manage the provision of taxation services to internal clients (including CSIRO subsidiaries).
- Review and advise on the impact of CSIRO’s commercial investments.
- Provide effective client and stakeholder management.
- Review, lodge and manage the preparation of monthly BAS and annual PAYG withholding reports.
- Manage the lodgement of taxation related documentation for the US.
- Develop, implement, maintain and advise on relevant policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review Board and ET papers.
- Prepare and review relevant risk assessments.
Location: Black Mountain (Canberra), ACT or Eveleigh (Sydney), NSW
Salary: AU $109K to AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job ref: 53365
As a minimum requirement, you will hold a Certificate or have tertiary qualification in a relevant area, such as Commerce/Finance, or have equivalent management/leadership experience in a relevant area.
You will also have:
- High-level communication skills, professional behaviours, and the ability to successfully influence and negotiate.
- The ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and maintain successful collaborations.
- A history of building and leading high performing teams, encouraging new ideas and promoting knowledge transfer.
- The ability to assess the risk and opportunity of identified strategies, options and actions.
- Excellent team skills, adaptability, flexibility in thinking, and the ability to investigate and solve complex or ill-defined problems.
To see the detailed criteria required for success in this dynamic role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Monday 29 January, 2017 (11:59pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.