- Are you passionate about being a developer who makes an impact?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Work with a small team making revolutionary new products
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO's Digital Productivity and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group bring together approximately 500 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia's future leaders with its strong PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our team, the Regulation as a Platform (RaaP) team within the Engineering and Design program, is working on codifying law and legislation into a digital, logical representation, which can then be processed electronically. It is ambitious work with significant interest from government and industry. You can find out more about the current work at http://www.data61.csiro.au/RaaP
We are seeking a developer with passion and a desire to continue learning and to work in a technical leadership position for this team, working closely with a product manager, project manager, engineers, researchers and user experience staff. Your interests and skills will strongly influence and customise the tasks in the role. We're a small team making revolutionary new products. This means that no two days are the same.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant certificate or tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, such as computer science or engineering OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in Software Development leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development practices.
- Demonstrated experience with various programming languages, especially Haskell.
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality software (including version control, issue tracking, test automation, etc.).
- Ability to work autonomously, highly self-motivated and an ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated history of maintaining high ethical and performance standards.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close at 10:59pm (AEST) on Monday 29th January 2018.