- Are you passionate about developing outstanding software and systems?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Collaborate with the Legal Informatics team
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO's Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 will continue to develop Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
We are seeking a software engineer to develop software and systems building on Data61’s research to create new technologies and product prototypes, which are globally competitive. The position will be in Data61’s Engineering & Design Group with allocation to specific business-focussed project teams as needed.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $80K - AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline related to non-monotonic logic combined with computer science or engineering experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding in non-monotonic logic and experience in developing engineering solutions that use deontic, defeasible logic parameters
- An ability to train and work with non-experts in logic to help them learn to encode digital logic rules
- Strong abilities in logic reasoning
- Experience in procedural languages (Such as Scala, Java, C, C++, Go etc)
- Experience in scripting languages (Such as Python, Ruby, Bash etc)
- Experience in software development for Linux and/or Windows
- High self-motivation with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and computer languages as required.
- Ability to carry out task with minimal supervision.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close at 10:59pm (AEST) on Thursday 18th January 2018.