- Are you a self-motivated Education Specialist?
- Develop school programs and resources aligned to the Australian Curriculum!
- Join the CSIRO Discovery Centre team to inspire tomorrow's scientists and engineers!
CSIRO’s Discovery Centre showcases our research to schools and the general public through interactive exhibits and guided visits. Our centre is always growing and we are expecting more than 20 000 visitors over the next 12 months. We are now seeking to add to our team of education professionals and are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Education & Visitor Services Specialist.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for teachers visiting the centre. You will deliver programs to school groups as they make their way through the exhibits. In addition, you will assist with the development and update of school resources. Your experience in developing school programs or resources aligned to the Australian Curriculum will be critical to your success in this role. This diverse role will also give you the opportunity to work across a range of Education and Outreach initiatives.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Delivering programs to school groups and directing them through the Discovery exhibition.
- Assisting with the development and update of school programs ensuring that they are aligned to the Australian Curriculum and CSIRO Education and Outreach strategy.
- Undertaking administration duties relating to school bookings.
- Working flexibly, collaboratively and responsively across a range of Education and Outreach programs.
- Delivering and monitoring front of house operations to ensure visitors have a pleasant and positive experience.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT
Salary: $61K to $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 56343
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM), STEM education or science communication, or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing school programs or resources, demonstrating an understanding of the alignment to the Australian Curriculum.
- The ability to travel locally and regionally, as required.
- A current driver's licence, a Working with Vulnerable People card, and national police check, or the willingness and ability to gain one.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a variety of formats including presenting for a range of audiences, such as individuals, schools and groups.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 56343. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: 11:59 PM AEDT, Tuesday 27th March 2018