- Are you experienced in proof engineering?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Contribute to improved proof automation and better reasoning techniques
The role of Research Projects staff in CSIRO is to collaborate in scientific activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental and observational work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work. At senior levels, Research Projects staff may be involved in providing consulting services, science management and/or industry liaison.
The role of Proof Engineer in particular is to develop and expand formal models and proofs and other infrastructure for the development of both verified software itself and of new methodology for producing verified software at greater scale, depth, and speed.
Location: Kensington, Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU $80K - AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term 2 years
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree &/or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar.
- Programming experience, ideally in functional languages (ML/Haskell).
- An interest in good engineering practice (version control, automated builds, etc.).
- The ability to understand current research in computer science.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of autonomy.
- Experience with mentoring or training other engineers.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document (PDF version)
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close 10:59pm AEST on Sunday 15th April 2018.