- Are you an experimental scientist looking to apply your results in industry?
- Add value through tackling scientific, engineering and logistical challenges
- Offering outstanding career development and professional support
CSIRO's Sensing and Sorting Program is looking to appoint a person within their Ore Sorting Team, at our Lucas Heights laboratory located on the southern edge of Sydney.
The team are currently working on several large radiofrequency based projects and as the successful applicant you will be involved in the development of novel radio frequency based on-line instruments, to solve a range of challenging, real-world problems in the mining industry.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties will include:
- Sample preparation for analysis of samples
- Collecting data and performing analysis of data
- Evaluating the performance of analysis techniques
Location: Lucas Heights NSW
Salary: AU$61K - AU$78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
Job reference: 56364
To be successful you will need:
- A degree in physics at honours level or equivalent experience (minimum).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver assigned research project objectives and report outcomes within a specified timeframe whilst working under the broad direction of a supervisor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including working constructively with research scientists, engineers, support staff and/or client personnel.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce. We recognise that the capability of our people is key to our success and provide the support for our people to develop, grow and reach their full potential. We offer a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly believe that our culture drives performance. Working at CSIRO provides the opportunity to follow a dynamic and challenging career path, an attractive remuneration package, travel, and multiple leave options including paid maternity and parental leave.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
CSIRO Mineral Resources works with industry to grow Australia’s resource base, increase productivity and drive environmental performance. We also provide critical scientific analysis that underpins a growing national dialogue on how resources impact society and the environment.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT, 6 May 2018