- Use your customer service and administrative skills
- Two positions available
- Join CSIRO in a key support role in Hobart
As an Administration Support Officer (Receptionist), you will be the first point for staff and visitors at a CSIRO site. You will responsible for managing the site reception and providing administration support for CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) and other site leaders. Your exceptional communication skills and ability to work with a diverse range of stake holders will be the key to your success in this role.
This role is a locality based position and although you will have a primary “home” at the CSIRO site, you may be required to work across any CSIRO site in the locality.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a high quality reception service as the first point of contact for external and internal clients.
- Operating the switchboard to receive and transfer telephone calls, announce callers and taking and distributing messages.
- Carrying out a number of administrative tasks such as issuing of security passes and co-ordinating incoming and outgoing mail.
- Undertaking records management for CBIS including hard copy and softcopy filing.
Location: Sandy Bay and Battery Point, Hobart, Tasmania
Salary: AU $45k to AU $59k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
Ref no: 56511
To be successful, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience and skills working in a reception and/or customer service oriented environment, performing a wide range of administrative tasks.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good phone manner and good written skills.
- Sound keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 56511. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications close: Tuesday, 24th April 2018