- Do you have experience with large &/or complex data sets?
- Do you have experience with machine learning tools & techniques?
- Join the CSIRO & provide valuable input into strategic planning for Pawsey Data Analytics Services
We are seeking an experienced Data Science Consultant to provide input to strategy for future planning as well as liaise with external stakeholders to promote the use of Pawsey facilities. You will join the Data and Visualisation Team at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre responsible for engaging with multi-disciplinary researchers to facilitate and optimise Data Analytics workflows using Pawsey's Petascale compute and storage facilities.
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is an unincorporated joint venture comprising CSIRO and several Western Australian Universities. Since 2000, this partnership has managed infrastructure and research engagement projects funded at both the state and federal levels, including the $80 million Super Science Initiative in 2009. Throughout this period, staff at the centre have provided expertise in the use of its supercomputing, visualisation, high speed storage, and data transfer capabilities.
Your duties will include:
- Provide key input into strategic planning for Pawsey Data Analytics services
- Work with a team to ensure the effective operation of Pawsey's Data Analytics services
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders in the research community; promoting Pawsey services and capabilities
- Engage with other providers of research data services around Australia and internationally to seek collaborative opportunities
- Work with researchers to advise and assist in the best practise use of Pawsey facilities for data analysis, workflows, and visualisation
Location: Kensington WA
Salary: AU $109K to AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 56613
To be considered you will have:
- A relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent experience in a STEM field.
- High degree of knowledge in the mathematical principles behind Data Science (statistics, calculus, linear algebra).
- High degree of experience in applied Data Science within one or more research domains.
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in programming in Python and/or R.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large and/or complex data sets.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 29 May 2018 (10:59pm AEST).