- Are you an experienced Software Engineer?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Collaborate with engineering, research, UI/UX and business teams
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia, comprising approximately 600 researchers, engineers and designers working in digital technologies to benefit Australia. We are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Sydney or Canberra preferred, other locations in Australia negotiable
Salary: *AU $80K - AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
Ref No.: 56949
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science OR equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Expertise developing in Python, and willingness to use concepts from functional programming such as immutability and static typing (We love code examples – please tell us if you have anything that we can look at, eg. open source projects.)
- A history of developing robust and secure applications.
- Ability to collaborate and grow with a multidisciplinary, regionally dispersed software engineering team.
Additional essential criteria for CSOF5 Appointment:
- Expertise in REST API design and implementation using current web server development tools and methodologies.
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: Will remain open until filled