- Take responsibility for the delivery of customer-focused services to CSIRO staff
- Manage safe and effective contractor services
- Work closely with your interstate counterparts to achieve consistency in practices
As a State Manager with CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS), you will represent CBIS at the state or territory level. You will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders in support of CBIS Property Strategy. With responsibility for optimising the use of Portfolio Assets, you will ensure quality provision of CBIS services consistent with advice from your Regional Manager.
The newly formulated CBIS structure reflects two regional clusters with two Executive Managers having oversight for each cluster. The roles are designed to allow full empowerment of managers at the State level to make decisions in keeping with their respective state.
The scope of responsibility for your portfolio will include fostering accountability and collaboration, and allowing forums for communication between the groups. You will be empowered to manage the day-to-day business with staff, manage Repair & Maintenance activities within the available budget, hold the primary relationships with site leaders, HSE and IM&T staff, manage reception services and staff, and be involved in Site based committees and interface with Research Operations Managers. You will take responsibility for successful collaboration with your counterparts in other regions to drive consistency across states.
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Salary: AU $109k to AU $128k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job ref: 57048
As a minimum requirement, you will have relevant professional experience, and/or hold qualifications, in property management for a complex and diverse portfolio. You will also have:
- Strong customer focussed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
- Strong people management skills particularly managing teams remotely.
- In depth knowledge of property standards and management in relation to business operations in a technical environment.
- Knowledge of the property industry and networks together with experience in developing processes, procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of procurement and subcontractor management as relates to property, leasing and building service.
- The ability to develop and maintain successful collaborative relationship.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Monday 4 June, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.