- Are you a software engineer interested in mining research?
- Provide support across the suite of existing & emerging projects
- Develop unique solutions to challenging problems in the mining research domain
The CSIRO Mining and Processing Technologies Research Group is seeking a Software Engineer to join their Automation Technology team.
As the successful candidate you will provide software engineering support to the projects being undertaken by the research group. You will cover a wide range of activities, including software development, documentation, sensor data analysis, algorithm development, system design and integration.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Provide software design, implementation and support for new and existing project applications as developed by the research group.
- Contribute unique solutions to research challenges within the mining domain.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Pullenvale QLD
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in C++.
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations, experiments and research activities.
- Experience designing and developing software in an industrial setting.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 10 June 2018