- Do you enjoy monitoring & calibrating astronomical observations?
- Add value through efficient and effective operations support
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science is seeking to appoint a National Facility Scientific Operations Officer.
As the successful applicant you will support the scientific operations of the National Facilities, specifically the Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder and the Australia Telescope Compact Array, undertaking activities including observing, data processing and pipeline management and user support.
You will be based either at the CASS site in Sydney, Australia or the CASS site in Perth, Australia. Both have a lively research environment, as part of the ATNF Science group
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Transition observing proposals to schedules and then observations
- Monitor and calibrate astronomical observations and utilise appropriate computing resources
- Assist with system checks, maintenance hand-overs, array and correlator/beamformer configurations
Location: Marsfield NSW or Kensington WA
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Astrophysics, physics or computing.
- Expertise in astronomy techniques and observations
- Experience in radio astronomy instrumentation and/or data pipelines
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load one document which incorporates your address to the selection criteria, a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your CV (Maximum 5000Kilobytes) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Saturday 30 June 2018