- Get hands-on research experience
- Access CSIRO's word-class facilities
- Apply for an Industrial Traineeship today!
About CSIRO’s SENSEI Monitoring System project:
The SENSEI project team are developing a real-time data and analytics service to help industry maximise production processes by enabling sophisticated chemical monitoring of the most extreme process environments with a revolutionary network of robust solid-state electrochemical sensors. The SENSEI Monitoring System is a commercial platform presently being developed to enable maximum impact and financial return to CSIRO from the core technology. The SENSEI Column Testbed has been built at the CSIRO Clayton site to prove up the prototype SENSEI Monitoring System.
The Industrial Trainee will be part of the SENSEI Monitoring System Project Team, based at CSIRO Clayton, Victoria. The Industrial Trainee will work under the supervision of the Commissioning Leader.
You will be required to:
- For context: Finalise and seek management approval for experimental working documents as required (Safe Work Instructions, Checklists and Inventories) to reflect the safe operation of the new SENSEI Column Testbed; and
- Focus: Participate in final commissioning and handover of the SENSEI Column Testbed.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton), Victoria
Tenure: Earliest start 16 July, 2018. Latest finish 19 October, 2018. Maximum 10 hrs per week (80-120 hrs total).
Job reference: 57238
To be considered you will have:
- Successfully completed at least one year of a science or engineering undergraduate degree.
- Eligibility for enrolment in the University of Melbourne's Science & Technology Internship Subjects SCIE30002 or SCIE90017.
- A solid grounding in science and engineering.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your single page expression of interest and resume/CV. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: Thursday 28 June 2018.