Technical Services Officer - IM&T, Client Services Delivery
- Kick-start your career and provide effective & timely IT support to our CSIRO staff
- Enjoy the challenge of working with a highly technical and geographically diverse team
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Information Management and Technology (IM&T) are seeking a talented IT-minded person to join the Client Services Delivery team to aid in the delivery of effective and timely IT support within CSIRO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the quality of the service delivered to your clientele. You will work on a broad range of both physical and technical problems, providing effective support to a wide range of CSIRO staff members.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1, Australian Government security clearance or undergo other employment suitability checks.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Under guidance undertake remote IT support to provide both response and resolution in a timely manner to incidents or requests.
- Under guidance deliver IT support to provide resolution in a timely manner to problems or requests that require onsite attendance. Examples may include:
- Deployment of PC desktops, laptops, LCD monitors, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Network Port patching.
- Software fault assistance.
Location: Clayton VIC
Salary: $45K - $59K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 month specified term
To be successful you will need:
- Completion of the Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment, and/or an ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge relevant to an IT service environment.
- A strong service delivery focus, including excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interactions with clients regardless of their levels of IT skill and experience.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Friday 22 June 2018