Manufacture of bioactive small molecules using high throughput techniques including continuous flow processing.
Specifically you will:
• Plan, propose and perform chemical reactions.
• Monitor chemical reactions using chromatographic techniques.
• Prepare and purify compounds using techniques which may include recrystallization, chromatography and distillation.
• Use NMR, IR and mass spectroscopy to elucidate the structure of organic compounds.
• Communicate research results through laboratory notebooks, written reports and oral presentations.
• Undertake general laboratory maintenance.
Location: Clayton (Melbourne) Victoria
Salary: AU $61K to AU $78K per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 month term (with possible extension)
Job ref: 57345
As a minimum requirement, you will hold a Bachelor of Science, preferably with Honours, in organic chemistry, or equivalent. You will also have:
• Good communication skills and a history of professional behaviours.
• The ability to readily adapt to changing circumstances and to solve routine problems.
• Ability in the techniques of synthetic organic chemistry and a sound theoretical knowledge of organic chemistry.
• Experience in recrystallization and chromatographic separation techniques.
• Experience in the use and interpretation of NMR, IR and mass spectroscopy.
• The ability to work well in a team environment.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Monday 25 June, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.